Requirements Management with TestTrack RM
Features and Benefits
Centralize Requirements Management
- Centralized requirements management keeps all stakeholders informed of new requirements, helps them participate in the review process, and ensures they understand the impact of changes on their deliverables.
- Track everything that defines a requirement including the requirement description, requirement details, email threads, workflow, versions, documents, links to other requirements, file attachments, folders, and its history.
- Manage a virtually unlimited number of requirements. Group requirements into requirement documents, easily organize the hierarchy, and share common requirements between documents.
- Provide web-based access to requirement reviews for all stakeholders with TestTrack RM Reviewer.
- Automated traceability matrices make it easy to quickly perform coverage analysis by viewing the relationships between related items. For example, when combined with TestTrack TCM, you can ensure that at least one test case has been generated for each approved requirement in a project.
- Requirements document snapshots capture the state of requirements documents at a specific point in time to facilitate tracking changes. Use snapshots to compare requirement document versions and view differences between them, typically in conjunction with project milestones, such as when the first draft of a requirement document is complete.
- Requirement linking helps you establish relationships between items and manage changes to related items when requirements change. Link requirements to other items including feature requests, defects, change requests, and test cases in TestTrack Pro and TestTrack TCM.
- Suspect item flagging streamlines and automates change reviews by determining which linked items (requirements, test cases, defects, change requests, etc.) need to be reviewed when a related item changes. The complex relationship between requirements and other development artifacts means if one item changes, related items need to be reviewed to determine if they should also change.
- Impact analysis reports make it easy to view items related to requirements and understand the impact of a requirement change before you make it. You can perform an impact analysis to view the related items, assess the risk of making changes, and identify the items that need to be reviewed based on the changes.
- Requirement review features facilitate the review process, letting stakeholders add review notes that appear inline in requirements documents. Emails relevant to a requirement are tracked with the requirement to further facilitate reviews.
Learn more about traceability in TestTrack
Flexible Import and Export
- Import and export Microsoft Word documents. Requirement capture often begins in Microsoft Word. TestTrack RM's Microsoft Word Import Wizard simplifies importing requirements from Microsoft Word documents. For customers or stakeholders who do not have access to TestTrack RM, you can export requirements documents to Microsoft Word.
Built on a Rich, Scalable, Open Platform
Built on the proven TestTrack platform, TestTrack RM is completely configurable and includes powerful workflow automation, collaboration features, flexible organization tools, rich reporting, and open interfaces, all in a secure, scalable, cross-platform solution.
- Requirements Management with TestTrack RM
- Webinar: When Requirements Change
- Importing Requirements from MS Word
- How to Make Sure Requirement Review Notes Are Addressed
- Integrating Quality into Every Stage of Development
- Tips for Importing Microsoft Word Requirement Documents into TestTrack RM
- Modifying Microsoft Word Templates for TestTrack RM Requirement Document Exports
- Recognizing the Danger Signs of Weak Traceability
- Six Exercises to Strengthen Traceability
- 10 Signs That You've Outgrown Your Requirements Management Tool
- Breaking Down the Barriers to Collaborative Software Development
- Quality-Centric ALM in a Down Economy
- Successfully Automating Development Workflows