Surround SCM 2012.0 - 2013.0 supports integration with Xcode 3.1.3 - 3.2.
This article includes information about installing the plug-in, configuring the integration, configuring a Surround SCM connection, and performing Surround SCM actions.
Note: The following information only applies to Xcode 3. See Surround SCM Xcode 4 Integration if you use Xcode 4.
Installing the plug-in
The Xcode plug-in is installed during the Surround SCM Client installation. If you did not install it, close Xcode, rerun the installer, and select the Xcode integration option.
Configuring the integration in Xcode
- In Xcode, choose SCM > Configure SCM Repositories. The Xcode Preferences dialog box opens.
- Click the plus button to add a repository.
- Select Surround SCM in the SCM System list.
- Click OK.
- Enter the Surround Settings information for the Surround SCM Server, branch, and repository to associate the project with.
Configuring a Surround SCM connection
Note: Surround SCM actions are only supported at the project level. Actions are not supported in the Repositories window that opens when you choose SCM > Repositories.
- Open or create a project in Xcode.
- Choose Project > Edit Project Settings. The Project Info window opens.
- Click Configure Roots & SCM. The Project Roots & SCM sheet opens.
- Select Surround SCM in the SCM provider list.
- Select the repository connection you configured.
- Click OK. The Surround SCM project connection is created.
Performing Surround SCM actions
Choose an action from the SCM menu or right-click a file in the Project window and choose an action.