When you create and test an RDBMS connection in Helix ALM, one of the following errors is returned:
- The Qt OCI Driver was not available. Make sure the RDBMS client libraries are installed.
- The Qt ODBC Driver was not available. Make sure the RDBMS client libraries are installed.
This is not a Helix ALM bug. It is caused by Trolltech's Qt plugin cache. The plugin cache retrieves the incorrect value.
The solution may include editing the registry. Incorrectly editing the registry can damage your system. We strongly recommend that only experience administrators make changes to the registry.
- Stop and restart the Helix ALM Server. If the problem persists, stop the server again and perform the following steps.
- If the server was installed as an application, delete the following registry key values:
- Helix ALM (and TestTrack 2008 - 2016.1): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Plugin Cache 4.3.false\C:\Program Files\Seapine\TestTrack\sqldriversqsqlprefetchodbc.dl
- TestTrack 7.6.x and earlier: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Plugin Cache 4.1.false\C:\Program Files\Seapine\TestTrack\sqldriversqsqloci.dll
- If the server was installed as a service, delete the following registry key values:
- Helix ALM (and TestTrack 2008 - 2016.1): HKEY_USER.DEFAULT\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Plugin Cache 4.3.false\C:\Program Files\Seapine\TestTrack\sqldriversqsqlprefetchodbc.dll
- TestTrack 7.6.x and earlier: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SoftwareTrolltech\Organization\Defaults\Qt Plugin Cache 4.3.false\C:\Program Files\Seapine\TestTrack\sqldriversqsqloci.dll
- Restart the server.