Perforce understands the importance of virtualization in customer environments. The following guidelines for using Helix ALM products in virtual environments are in place to help us troubleshoot issues. These guidelines apply to Helix ALM, Helix ALM Data Warehouse, Helix ALM License Server, QA Wizard Pro, and Surround SCM.
- Perforce only provides technical support for Helix ALM products running on a supported operating system in a virtual environment. For more information about supported operating systems, search this knowledgebase for 'system requirements'.
- Although virtual environments are supported, we do not rigorously test them and cannot certify specific customer configurations.
- Perforce will not require customers to re-create every issue with Helix ALM products in a non-virtual environment. However, we reserve the right to request that customers diagnose issues in a native operating system environment if we believe the virtual environment contributes to the issue.
- Perforce does not provide technical support for installing, configuring, or maintaining virtual environments. This includes modifications needed to enhance the performance of a Helix ALM application in a virtual environment.
- Performance and capacity issues may occur because of the additional software overhead from virtual environments. Any statements by Perforce about expected product performance do not apply to virtual machines running the same system requirements. Diagnosing performance issues requires customers to disable other applications that are competing for resources and may require removing the Helix ALM application from the virtual environment.