Access the Surround SCM documentation.
- File Sharing Strategy
- Managing Shared Files in a Branched Environment
- Integrating Quality into Every Stage of Development
- Managing the Build Process with Surround SCM Snapshot Branches
- Managing Web Development with Surround SCM
- Surround SCM Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Setting Up Surround SCM: Five Tips for Maximum Efficiency
- Surround SCM Best Practices
- Surround SCM Proxy Server Best Practices
- Surround SCM Security Best Practices
- Advantages of a Configurable Linking Solution
- Better Concurrent Development through Branching and Surround SCM
- Breaking Down the Barriers to Collaborative Software Development
- Change Management: A Cornerstone of the Capability Maturity Model
- Guiffy SureMerge: A Trusty 3-Way Merge
- Successfully Automating Development Workflows
From the Blog
Pricing and Licensing
Surround SCM offers multiple licensing options, including:
- Perpetual licenses (named and floating)
- On-premise subscription licenses
- Hosted subscription (Cloud) licenses
By selecting the licensing model best suited to your organization's requirements, you can provide access to the greatest number of Surround SCM users at the lowest cost.
Surround SCM integrates with a variety of IDEs, build management tools, diff/merge tools, and other applications.
Issue Tracking Plug-ins
The following server-side plug-ins provide integration of third-party issue tracking applications into Surround SCM. Issues in the third-party application can then be viewed and fixed from Surround SCM.
- Bugzilla - Windows
- Bugzilla - Mac
- Bugzilla - Linux
- JIRA 7 (and newer) Windows
- JIRA 7 (and newer) - Linux
- JIRA 6 (and older) - Windows
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
Uses triggers to manage a build process. This example uses Ant as the build tool.
|Custom Keyword Expansion
Uses triggers to expand a custom set of keywords. This code was built with Visual C++ 6.0, but could be built by most standard Windows C++ compilers.
|FTP File Transfer
Uses triggers to keep a remote FTP server up to date with the newest Surround SCM files. The C++ version was built with Visual C++ 6.0 but could be built by most standard Windows C++ compilers.
Uses triggers to record a log of events that occur within Surround SCM. This code can be used as is or customized. The C++ version was built with Visual C++ 6.0 but could be built by most standard Windows C++ compilers.
|Sync Surround SCM Server
Uses triggers to keep two repositories that reside on different Surround SCM Servers in sync. This code was built with Visual C++ 6.0 but could be built by most standard Windows C++ compilers.
|Verify Text During Check In
Uses triggers to verify that certain text is included with every check in (or add). This code was built with Visual C++ 6.0 but could be built by most standard Windows C++ compilers.