An existing control is duplicated in the application repository after recording in QA Wizard Pro.
QA Wizard Pro does not recognize the control uniquely based on the search criteria used to locate it.
Merge the duplicate controls.
- Select the duplicate controls in the Application Repository pane.
- Right-click one of the controls and choose Merge.
- Select the control that was already saved in the application repository as the Control to keep.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the control in the Application Repository pane and choose Properties.
- Modify the search criteria for the control to make it unique. You can select additional properties or modify the Expected Value for selected properties.
You can also make the changes to reduce duplicate controls in the repository:
- Make sure the 'Smart matching' option is selected in the Repository Changes dialog box after recording. Smart matching allows QA Wizard Pro to automatically modify search criteria to differentiate controls.
- Select the 'Only add used controls to the repository' option in the Repository Changes dialog box to only add controls you interacted with.
- Change the default search criteria used to locate the control in the control Properties dialog box.