The Surround SCM Server cannot find the server database.
The server database connection settings may be incorrect or network or firewall configurations may prevent the server from connecting to the database.
- Start the Surround SCM Server and RDBMS server hosting the server database.
- Start Surround SCM and log in. You are prompted to configure the server database location.
- Click Yes. The Surround SCM Server Database Connection dialog box opens.
- Make sure the connection information is correct.
- Click Test. A message opens to let you know if the connection works.
- If the connection is successful, click OK to close the dialog box. Stop and restart the Surround SCM Server for the changes to take effect.
- If the connection is not successful, check the following:
If the Surround SCM Server and database are installed on different computers, check the network and firewall configurations to open the necessary ports.
Contact your DBA to make sure the connection information is correct.