Note: The following information only applies to Surround SCM 2016.0 and earlier.
You can use WebDrive, a third-party FTP client utility, to map a network drive to a WebDAV directory.
To configure a WebDrive connection:
- Start WebDrive.
- Click New Site.
- Enter a site name and click Next.
- Select WebDAV as the server type and click Next.
- Enter the URL for the WebDAV directory and click Next.
For example, enter http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/sscmdav.cgi on an Apache web server or http://127.0.0.1/scripts/sscmdav.cgi on a Microsoft IIS server.
- Select a drive letter and click Next.
- Enter the username and password required to connect to the WebDAV directory and click Next.
- Select Connect to site now.
- Click Finish to connect to network drive.
The network drive window opens, which contains the WebDAV directory. You can now browse the WebDAV directory.
- Some file editors create temporary files to save data then try to overwrite the existing file with the temporary file. Surround SCM does not support this functionality. To edit files using WebDAV, copy the file to a local directory, edit the file, then copy the file back into the WebDAV directory.
- Filenames that contain Unicode characters are compatible with Surround SCM and WebDAV, but may perform inconsistently when accessed using WebDrive. We do not recommend using WebDrive to access repositories or files with names that use Unicode characters.