Templates used for exporting requirement documents to Microsoft Word are installed with TestTrack RM. The templates include styles that are mapped to requirement summary and description text in TestTrack RM and are applied to text in the exported Word document. You can use one of the installed templates to create a customized template.
Note: The following instructions apply to Microsoft Word 2007.
- Export a requirement document using one of the templates installed with TestTrack RM.
The templates are available in the templates directory in the TestTrack application directory (e.g., C:\Program Files\Seapine\TestTrack\templates).
- Open the exported document in Microsoft Word.
- Modify any of the Requirement Level or Requirement Body styles.
A Requirement Level style is applied to requirement summary text based on the hierarchy of requirements in the TestTrack RM requirement document. The Requirement Body styles are used for requirement description text related to the Requirement Level style the text is included with. Keep the following in mind:
- If you delete a Requirement Level or Requirement Body style and a requirement exported to TestTrack RM uses the style, the styles are automatically re-created during the export.
- Bulleted lists are associated with the Requirement Body styles and are indented based on the related styles.
- Table text is not associated with a style.
- Delete all content from the document. If the document includes a cover page and table of contents that you want to keep in the template, do not delete them.
- Apply the Requirement Level 1 style to the first paragraph in the document. If the document includes a cover page or table of contents, apply the style to the first paragraph after these items.
- Click the Insert tab and then click Bookmark.
- Enter the following as the bookmark name:
The bookmark is used during the export to populate the template with requirements from TestTrack RM.
- Click Add to insert the bookmark.
- Save the document in the templates directory in the TestTrack application directory. Use a new name so you do not overwrite the installed templates.
- Export a requirement document from TestTrack RM using the new template to test it.
- If the document includes a table of contents, you need to update it. Right-click the table of contents and choose Update Table. Select Update entire table and click OK.