Helix ALM supports integration with Eclipse. See Third-Party Integrations for supported versions.
This article includes information about installing the integration plug-in and using the add-in toolbar.
Installing the plug-in
- In Eclipse, choose Help > Install New Software. The Install dialog box opens.
- Click Add. The Add Repository dialog box opens.
- Enter a Name for the new software download site, such as Helix ALM Plug-in Site.
- Enter http://downloads.seapine.com/pub/eclipse/testtrack as the Location.
- Click OK.
- Expand the Helix ALM Eclipse plug-in node, select the plug-in version to install, and click Next.
Note: You must use the plug-in that corresponds to the Helix ALM version installed on your computer.
- Select the Helix ALM Eclipse plug-in again and click Next.
- Accept the license agreement and click Finish. An unsigned content security warning is displayed.
- Click OK to continue the installation. You are prompted to restart Eclipse when installation is complete.
- Click Restart Now to restart Eclipse.
Using the add-in toolbar
After the plug-in is installed, a Helix ALM toolbar and menu are added to Eclipse. Click a toolbar button or choose the corresponding menu item to add Helix ALM items to a project or view existing items.
Note: The actions you have access to depend on your Helix ALM licenses and security permissions.
- Connect—Connect to the Helix ALM Server
- Switch Project—Switch between Helix ALM projects
- Disconnect—Disconnect from the Helix ALM Server
- Issues List—Open the Issues list window
- Add Issue—Add an issue
- Test Cases List—Open the Test Cases list window
- Add Test Case—Add a test case
- Test Runs List—Open the Test Runs list window
- Requirements List—Open the Requirements list window
- Add Requirement—Add a requirement
- Requirement Documents List—Open the Requirement Documents list window
- Add Requirement Document—Add a requirement document
- Task List—Open the Workbook list window
- Add Task—Add a workbook task
- About—Open the About dialog box