TestTrack 2011.1.2 and earlier supports integration with ClearCase on Windows and Linux.
This article includes information about integration requirements, configuring the integration, performing ClearCase actions, and troubleshooting.
- The project must be in a view.
- You must use the TestTrack Native Client.
- You must have ClearCase installed and be able to access and work with the view. You may want to map a drive to the view.
Configuring the integration
- In TestTrack, choose Tools > SCC Integration. The Configure SCC Integration dialog box opens with the Local Options category selected.
- Select ClearCase and click Make Current.
- Select the User Options category.
- Click Browse to select the ClearCase view to use with TestTrack and click OK.
- Click Validate Connection. A connection confirmation dialog box is displayed. Click OK to close the confirmation dialog box.
- After the connection is validated, select the Project Paths category to choose the directories in the view to make available to TestTrack. You can only attach files from the selected directories and their children.
- Optionally select the Check In Options category to select the TestTrack workflow event to use in the TestTrack Check In dialog box. Fix is the default.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Performing ClearCase actions
You can access the following ClearCase commands on the Source Code tab when editing TestTrack items:
- Attach File—Attaches ClearCase source code files to TestTrack items.
- Detach—Removes attached source code files from items.
- Update—Retrieves the latest read-only version of the ClearCase file. You can only update files TestTrack is configured to connect to a snapshot view.
- Check Out—Retrieves a writable copy of the file to your view.
- Check In—Submits changes to a checked out file to ClearCase. Only available if the file has been modified and the changes have been saved. If you are checking in changes to a file attached to a defect, click Check In & Fix to check in the file and the fix defect.
- Undo Check Out—Removes the check out lock from ClearCase. The undo check out operation from TestTrack automatically creates the .keep file if the checked out file has modifications.
- View—Displays the contents of the file in your view in the TestTrack text file viewer or the application associated with the selected file type in the operating system
- History—Displays the entire history of the file from ClearCase
ClearCase is not in the Available Providers list when configuring SCC integration
TestTrack cannot find ClearCase in the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders
Make sure ClearCase is installed correctly because a successful installation should automatically populate the registry key.
Buttons on the Source Code tab are disabled
Review your SCC Integration settings. A likely cause is that the ClearCase Versioned Object Base (VOB) has not been mounted. Select the Local Options category and click Validate Connection to test the connection.
The project in the ClearCase provider could not be opened
This error occurs when the connection cannot be validated. The most likely cause of this error is that the VOB has not been mounted.
In Windows, mount the VOB by opening it through My Computer. When you open it, the ClearCase View Tool displays a message indicating that the VOB has been mounted. After the VOB is mounted, validate the connection again in TestTrack.
Project must be in a view Rational ClearCase AddProject
This error occurs when the drive selected to use in the integration is not a view. Edit the integration settings and select a drive that is a ClearCase view.
Unable to properly initialize ClearCase provider
This error occurs when TestTrack cannot locate the ClearCase path or the proper DLLs in the ClearCase path. Check your PATH environment variable and make sure you have a valid ClearCase path variable.
Timeout errors in TestTrack
When TestTrack is configured to use ClearCase integration, using source code functions may lead to a timeout error in TestTrack. These errors occur when the ClearCase server is not running and a user is working in TestTrack. Opening an item generally takes 1-2 minutes per source file attached to a record. If there are several files attached, TestTrack appears to stop responding because it takes longer than expected to open the record.
Close TestTrack and contact your ClearCase administrator to verify the ClearCase server is running. If you are experiencing difficulties with the ClearCase server, you can disable SCC integration in the TestTrack Client until the problem is fixed.