TestTrack supports integration with Subversion. See TestTrack Third-Party Integrations for supported versions.
This article includes information on integration requirements, creating a working directory and checking out files, configuring the integration in TestTrack, performing Subversion actions, and troubleshooting.
Note: The following information applies to TestTrack 2015.1 and Subversion 1.8.9. If you use a different TestTrack or Subversion version, the steps to configure and use the integration should be similar.
If you use 32-bit Subversion, the 32-bit TestTrack Client must be installed. If you use 64-bit Subversion, the 64-bit TestTrack Client must be installed. See the TestTrack installation help for information.
A Subversion binary package that installs the following libraries and adds the libraries directory to the system's PATH environment variable must also be installed.
| Operating system
|| Required libraries
|| Environment variable that must include the libraries directory
|Mac OS X
||libsvn_client-1.so or libsvn_client-1.so.0
Note: Collabnet is the recommended binary package, but other packages that install libraries with the required filenames and in a directory added to the system PATH environment variable may also work. SilkSVN and TortoiseSVN Windows binary packages are not supported.
Creating a working directory and checking out files
Before you can configure the integration in TestTrack, you must set up a working directory and check out files from Subversion.
Use the following command to create a working directory:
- Windows—mkdir c:svnworkdir
- Unix—mkdir /home/dev/svnworkdir
Use the following command to check out all files from the Subversion repository to your working directory:
- Windows—svn co file:///c:/svnrepo/SrcCode c:svnworkdir
- Unix—svn co file:///home/svnrepo/SrcCode /home/dev/svnworkdir
Configuring the Subversion integration
- In the TestTrack Client, choose Tools > Source Control Integration. The Source Control Integration dialog box opens with the Provider category selected.
- Select Subversion (all versions) and click Make Current.
- Select the Connection category.
- Enter the Project working path or click Browse to locate the working directory.
- Enter the Subversion Repository URL. The URL must match the project working path. Use the appropriate format:
- Subversion Server—svn://hostname/repo
- Subversion Server through Apache (using mod_dav)—http://webaddress/svn
- Subversion Server with SSL enabled—https://webaddress/svn
- Enter your Subversion Username and Password.
- Click Validate Connection to verify the working directory and repository URL.
- Select the Project Options category.
- Enter any Default check in comments. You can use field codes to automatically add issue-related information to check in comments. See the TestTrack help for information.
- Select the Project Paths category.
- Select the repositories you want to be able to attach files from and click Add.
- Select the Workflow Events category.
- Select Allow entering issue workflow event when checking files to allow users to enter the selected workflow event when checking in files.
- Select the Event to use.
- Click OK to save the configuration.
Performing Subversion actions in TestTrack
You can access the following Subversion actions on the Source Files tab when editing TestTrack items:
|| Use to:
||Attach Subversion files to TestTrack items.
||Remove attached Subversion files.
||Retrieve the latest file version from the Subversion repository to the working directory. You can only get files to the working directory path.
||Submit changes to Subversion and check in files. This option is only enabled if the selected file is modified. If you are committing changes to a file attached to an issue, you can click Check In & Fix to also move the issue to the Fixed state after the file is checked in. The file version number in the Fixed Revision column is updated after changes are committed.
||Display the content of the latest version of the selected file in Subversion.
||Display the entire history of the selected file from Subversion.
Cannot change provider type in TestTrack
A supported Subversion provider was not found. Make sure the Subversion (all versions) provider is selected in TestTrack.
Make sure the required integration libraries are also installed in a directory included in the PATH environment variable. See the operating system help for information about managing environment variables.
Invalid repository URL error
The repository URL is incorrect. Check the URL format in the integration connection. Access to repositories controlled by WebDAV and SSL is not supported in all versions.
Working path is invalid error
The working path is incorrect. Check the path in the integration connection.
Error when committing files, viewing local copies, or viewing history
If multiple files are checked out from different Subversion repositories to the same working directory, the working directory may become inconsistent with the path specified in the integration connection. Make sure the path to the file you want to work with matches the specified working directory path.
- On the Source Files tab, select the file and click Update. The Get Files dialog box opens.
- Note the full file path.
- Choose Tools > Source Control Integration and select the Connection category.
- Compare the working path with the full file path from the Get Files dialog box. If the paths do not match, modify the working path in the integration connection.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Retry the Subversion action.
Note: If the error continues to occur, use the Subversion command line client to check out the files again to the working directory. Refer to the Subversion documentation for information.