The TestTrack Mac OS X installer requires Java. If you need to install the TestTrack Client on a Mac OS X computer that does not have Java installed or enabled, perform the following steps:
- Install TestTrack on a Mac OS X computer with Java
- Create a copy of the TestTrack files
- Extract the copied files to the computer without Java
Install TestTrack on a Mac OS X computer with Java enabled. See the TestTrack installation help for information.
Creating a copy of TestTrack files
In Terminal, use the following commands to create a copy of the TestTrack files.
Note: The default TestTrack application directory is used in the following examples. If you installed TestTrack in a different directory, use the correct path in the commands.
- Copy the TestTrack configuration file to the TestTrack application directory:
cp -f /etc/ttclient.conf /Applications/TestTrack
- Tar the TestTrack integration framework to the application directory:
tar -cf /Applications/TestTrack/ttintegrationFramework.tar /Library/Application Support/Seapine/TestTrackIntegration.framework
- Tar the TestTrack dynamic libraries and Qt frameworks to the application directory:
tar -cf /Applications/TestTrack/seapinett.tar /usr/lib/seapine/tt
- Tar the TestTrack application directory:
tar -cf ttclientcopy.tar /Applications/TestTrack/
- Gzip the tarball:
Extracting the copied files on the computer without Java
Note: The following information uses the default TestTrack application directory. If you want to install TestTrack in a different location, create the directory and use the correct path in the commands used to install TestTrack on the computer without Java.
- Create the following directories if they do not exist on the computer without Java:
- /Library/Application Support/Seapine
- Unpack the tar.gz file:
- Untar the TestTrack application directory, libraries, and frameworks:
tar xf ttclientcopy.tar -C /Applications/TestTrack
tar xf /Applications/TestTrack/ttintegrationFramework.tar -C /Library/Application Support/Seapine/
tar xf /Applications/TestTrack/seapinett.tar -C /usr/lib/seapine/tt/
- Set TestTrack permissions:
chmod -R 755 /Applications/TestTrack
chmod -R 755 /Library/Application Support/Seapine/TestTrackIntegration.framework
chmod -R 755 /usr/lib/seapine/tt
- Copy the configuration file to /etc/ and set the permissions:
cp -f ttclient.conf /etc/
chmod 755 /etc/ttclient.conf
- If you did not use the default TestTrack application directory, open the ttclient.conf file and make sure the application path is set to the correct directory.