The Helix ALM Mac installer requires Java. If you need to install the Helix ALM Client on a Mac computer that does not have Java installed or enabled, perform the following steps:
- Install Helix ALM on a Mac computer with Java
- Create a copy of the Helix ALM files
- Extract the copied files to the computer without Java
Installing Helix ALM
Install Helix ALM on a Mac computer with Java enabled. See the installation help for information.
Creating a copy of Helix ALM files
In Terminal, use the following commands to create a copy of the Helix ALM files.
Note: The default application directory is used in the following examples. If you installed Helix ALM in a different directory, use the correct path in the commands.
- Copy the Helix ALM configuration file to the application directory:
cp -f /etc/ttclient.conf /Applications/HelixALM
- Tar the Helix ALM integration framework to the application directory:
tar -cf /Applications/HelixALM/ttintegrationFramework.tar /Library/Application Support/Seapine/TestTrackIntegration.framework
- Tar the Helix ALM dynamic libraries and Qt frameworks to the application directory:
tar -cf /Applications/HelixALM/seapinett.tar /usr/lib/seapine/tt
- Tar the Helix ALM application directory:
tar -cf ttclientcopy.tar /Applications/HelixALM/
- Gzip the tarball:
Extracting the copied files on the computer without Java
Note: The following information uses the default application directory. To install Helix ALM in a different location, create the directory on the computer without Java and then use the correct path in the commands.
- Create the following directories if they do not exist on the computer without Java:
- /Library/Application Support/Seapine
- Unpack the tar.gz file:
- Untar the Helix ALM application directory, libraries, and frameworks:
tar xf ttclientcopy.tar -C /Applications/HelixALM
tar xf /Applications/HelixALM/ttintegrationFramework.tar -C /Library/Application Support/Seapine/
tar xf /Applications/HelixALM/seapinett.tar -C /usr/lib/seapine/tt/
- Set Helix ALM permissions:
chmod -R 755 /Applications/HelixALM
chmod -R 755 /Library/Application Support/Seapine/TestTrackIntegration.framework
chmod -R 755 /usr/lib/seapine/tt
- Copy the configuration file to /etc/ and set the permissions:
cp -f ttclient.conf /etc/
chmod 755 /etc/ttclient.conf
- If you did not use the default application directory, open the ttclient.conf file and make sure the application path is set to the correct directory.