Note: The following information only applies to TestTrack 2012 - 2015.0.2. If you are installing TestTrack 2015.1 or later, see the TestTrack installation help for information about installing the 64-bit TestTrack Server.
This article explains how to perform a new installation of the 64-bit TestTrack Server. If you are migrating from a 32-bit TestTrack Server, see Migrating from the 32-bit TestTrack Server to the 64-bit Server on the Same Computer.
Note: The 64-bit TestTrack Server is compatible with the 32-bit and 64-bit Seapine License Server. You only need to install one version of the license server. This article includes steps for installing the 64-bit license server.
The server database and projects can be stored in TestTrack native format (SQLite) or a different RDBMS. Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server are supported.
The 64-bit TestTrack installer installs:
- 64-bit TestTrack Server
- 64-bit Seapine License Server
- 64-bit Seapine License Server Admin Utility
- 64-bit TestTrack Registry Utility
- Required 64-bit DLLs for the TestTrack Server
Complete the following steps before installing the 64-bit server.
- Make sure the computer you are installing the 64-bit TestTrack Server on meets the minimum system requirements. See TestTrack Server System Requirements.
- If you want to use an RDBMS besides the TestTrack native database, create one database for the TestTrack Server database and a database for each project. Skip this step if you want to use TestTrack native databases.
- If you want to store license server data in the same RDBMS, create a license server database. If you do not create a license server database, a SQLite database is automatically created when you start the license server.
- Create 64-bit system DSNs that point to each database (SQL Server only).
Installing the 64-bit TestTrack Server
- Run the 32-bit TestTrack installer and select a custom installation that installs the following components:
Note: These components do not have to be installed on the same computer as the 64-bit server.
- TestTrack Server Admin Utility
- TestTrack web and SOAP components
- Run the 64-bit TestTrack installer and install the 64-bit components in a different directory than the one that includes the 32-bit components.
- Start the Seapine License Server and Seapine License Server Admin Utility.
- If you created an RDBMS license server database, change license server to use the new location. Choose View > Server Options and select the Server Database category. Click Change and enter the connection information.
- Add licenses and users to the license server. Refer to the Seapine License Server Admin Guide for information.
- Start the TestTrack Server.
- If you want to use the TestTrack native database, a server database is automatically created when you start the TestTrack Server. The installation is complete.
- If you want to use a different RDBMS server database, log in to the TestTrack Server Admin Utility and enter the database connection information. Restart the TestTrack Server for the change to take effect.
When the 64-bit TestTrack Server is running, you can create projects in the TestTrack Server Admin Utility. Projects can be stored in TestTrack native or another RDBMS format. Refer to the TestTrack Server Admin Guide for information about creating RDBMS connections and projects.