The Helix ALM URL Redirector handles the routing of ttstudio hyperlinks and determines if they are opened in the desktop or web client. Helix ALM supports ttstudio and http protocols to open items, such as defects. Http hyperlinks are always opened in Helix ALM Web.
By default, ttstudio hyperlinks are opened in the desktop client. If the desktop client is not found, the link is converted to use the http protocol and opened in the web client.
The redirector is automatically installed during Helix ALM Client installations. Web client users must install the redirector to open ttstudio hyperlinks. The redirector can be downloaded from the Add-ons page.
The Helix ALM URL Redirector configuration dialog box opens automatically if the redirector cannot locate the desktop client. You can also manually open the dialog box if you want to change the redirector settings.
- Enter ttstudio://config in a web browser. The Helix ALM URL Redirector dialog box opens.
To open the redirector from a command line:
Note: You can only open the redirector dialog box from a browser on Linux if the browser is configured to handle the ttstudio protocol.
- Linux—tturlredirector ttstudio://config
- Mac—open ttstudio://config
- Select an option to indicate how to open ttstudio hyperlinks.
- To open items in the Helix ALM Client, select Use the Helix ALM Client. Click the Browse button to select the client application path.
- To open items in Helix ALM Web, select Convert to http:// and open in a Web browser. On Linux, click the Browse button to select the browser path.
- Enter the Default client timeout to indicate the number of seconds to wait before opening a new instance of the selected client when a ttstudio hyperlink is clicked.
If you click a hyperlink with the same server name that Helix ALM is connected to, the item is opened in that instance of Helix ALM. If the server name is different, the item is opened in a new instance. If the URL redirector cannot determine if the servers are the same in the specified number of seconds, the item is opened in a new instance.
- Click OK to save the changes.