Helix ALM can create thumbnail previews of image files attached to issues, requirements, requirement documents, test cases, and test runs. You can view thumbnails of GIF, JPG, BMP, and PNG files.
- Choose Tools > Administration > Project Options.
- Click the File Attachments category.
- Select Create thumbnails for image file attachments to generate image file attachment thumbnails. Selecting this option does not automatically display thumbnails. Users must right-click an image file attachment and choose Show Thumbnail to view the image.
- Select Automatically display thumbnails to always display image file thumbnails.
- Click OK to save the project options.
Note: You must restart the Helix ALM Server to create thumbnails for attachments previously saved with issues. A ‘Reboot TT Server to generate thumbnail’ image is displayed until you restart the server.
- Thumbnails can only be created for image file attachments that include a valid file extension (.gif, .jpg, .bmp, or .png).
- The following error message is written to the server log if the project is configured to store file attachments in an RDBMS database and a user attempts to view a thumbnail image before the server is restarted:
'Warning: An error occurred in getting an archive file from the database, no archive record was found for <ttptn_0000003.dat>.'
The error is logged for each image file attachment.