Configuring ODBC Data Sources
Article ID: 376 | Last updated: 28 Oct, 2015
- Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Data Sources (ODBC). The ODBC Data Sources Administrator dialog box opens.
- On the System DSN tab, select TestTrack ODBC Datasource and click Configure. The ODBC Setup dialog box opens.
The data source field is automatically populated but this field can be changed. If you are creating multiple data sources you need to give each data source a unique name.
- Click the Browse button to set the project database path.
- Navigate to the project directory that you want to query.
The default location for project databases is the computer the TestTrack Server is installed on. For example: \(computer name)Program Files\TestTrack\TTServDb\TTDbs\SampleProject
- Click Open. You return to the ODBC Setup dialog box. The data source and the database path fields are populated.
Note: Make sure Use Unique Indexes is selected. When you select this option, the Seapine ODBC driver automatically determines the primary key.
- Click OK. You return to the ODBC Data Sources Administrator dialog box.
- Repeat steps 2-8 to create and configure new ODBC data sources for each project you want to query. You must create multiple data sources so each data source points to the correct project database.
Article ID: 376 |
Last updated: 28 Oct, 2015