Note: This information only applies to TestTrack 2008 and later.
You can subscribe to published filters in TestTrack to create an RSS feed. When you subscribe, you can choose how to display data and generate the feed URL to use in your RSS aggregator or a Web page.
An RSS feed can display TestTrack data in one of the following formats:
- A summary of records that pass the filter with a link to the related records
- The number of records that pass the filter and the total number of records in the project
Note: TestTrack data in RSS feeds can be viewed by anyone. Make sure you do not share a feed URL that displays confidential information. Only TestTrack users can access hyperlinks to records in RSS feeds.
Following are the steps for subscribing to TestTrack RSS feeds.
- Choose View > Filters to open the Filters list window.
- Select the published filter you want to subscribe to and click Subscribe.
- Select the data format to use.
- Select List of items to display a list of items that pass the published filter. The record number, summary, description, status, and a hyperlink to the related record are displayed in the feed.
- Select RSS feed using http hyperlinks to provide an http hyperlink for TestTrack Web users.
- Select RSS feed using ttstudio hyperlinks to items to provide a ttstudio hyperlink for TestTrack Client and TestTrack Web users. TestTrack Web users can only open ttstudio links if the TestTrack URL Redirector is installed on their computer. This option is only available for published defect filters.
- Select Number of records passing the filter and total number of records to display the number of records that pass the published filter and the total number of records in the project.
- Click Copy to copy the URL generated for the RSS feed.
- Click OK to close the Subscribe dialog box.
- Paste the URL in your RSS aggregator to add the feed.