Users can be retrieved from Active Directory servers and added to the Helix ALM License Server as global users who can access Helix ALM products. If Active Directory users who are on the license server are moved to a different Organizational Unit (OU) or if Active Directory is restructured, you need to create new Active Directory connection and move existing users to this connection in the Helix ALM License Server Admin Utility.
Adding the Active Directory connection to the license server
- Log in to the Helix ALM License Server Admin Utility.
- Click Server Options. The Server Options dialog box opens.
- Select the LDAP category.
- Click Add Active Directory.
- Enter the information about the Active Directory server.
- Click Auto Configure.
- Click OK to save the changes and close the Add Active Directory dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Server Options dialog box.
Reassociating users with the new Active Directory server connection
- Click Global Users
- Click Add and choose Add LDAP User. The Add LDAP Users dialog box opens.
- Make sure all fields are empty and that the Exclude existing license server users option is cleared.
- Click Query LDAP Servers. A list of all users from all LDAP servers is displayed.
- Click the Server column heading to sort the list alphabetically.
- Select all users that belong to the Active Directory server you previously added.
- Click Add. You are prompted to reassociate the user with a different LDAP record.
- Click Yes to All to reassociate all the selected users.
- Click Close to close the Add LDAP Users dialog box.
- In the Global Users list, click the LDAP Server column to sort the list alphabetically.
- Verify that the global users are associated with the new Active Directory Server.