The SQL Server transaction log for a Seapine License Server, Surround SCM, or TestTrack database may become very large, which can cause disk space issues on the database server.
You can use the SQL Server DBCC SHRINKFILE command to reduce the log file size.
- Back up the database.
- Start SQL Server Management Studio.
- In the Object Explorer, right-click the database and choose Properties.
- Click Files.
- Locate the logical name of the transaction log file. You will use the filename in the DBCC SHRINKFILE command.
- Click OK to close the Database Properties dialog box.
- In the Object Explorer, right-click the database and choose New Query.
- Execute the following query:
BACKUP LOG WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY
- Perform a full backup of the database.