You cannot log in to Surround SCM. The Local SCM Admin Logon dialog box opens when you attempt to log in.
Surround SCM cannot connect to the license server for one or more of the following reasons:
- The license server is not running.
- The license server IP address, port, or communications password are configured incorrectly in Surround SCM.
- There is a local network or Internet problem.
Make sure the license server is running. If the license server is running and Surround SCM cannot connect to it, check the license server information in Surround SCM.
- Enter the Local SCM Admin password and then click Connect. The License Server Connection dialog box opens.
- Click OK. The Server Options dialog box opens.
- Check the license server address, port, and communications password information. Change the information if it is incorrect.
The license server information in Surround SCM must match the information in the license server. Use the Helix ALM License Server Admin Utility to verify the information. Ask your system administrator for help.
Note: See the License Server Admin help for infomation about using the license server communications password.
- Click Test Connection to see if Surround SCM can connect to the license server.
- Click OK.
- Stop and restart the Surround SCM Server.
- Log in to Surround SCM.
If Surround SCM still cannot connect to the license server, you may have a local network or Internet problem. Contact your system administrator for assistance.