The following message is displayed when you log in to Helix ALM:
'You cannot log in because the Helix ALM License Server was not found. Please make sure the license server is running or ask your Helix ALM administrator for help.'
Helix ALM cannot connect to the license server for one or more of the following reasons:
- The license server is not running.
- The license server IP address, port, or communications password are incorrect in Helix ALM.
- There is a local network or Internet problem.
Make sure the license server is running. If the license server is running and Helix ALM cannot connect to it, check the license server information in Helix ALM.
- Start the Helix ALM Server Admin Utility.
- Select the server to connect to.
- Enter your username and password then click Connect. The License Server Connection Error dialog box opens.
- Enter the local Helix ALM admin password. The default password is ‘admin’.
- Click OK. The Helix ALM Server Admin Utility opens.
- Click Server Options. The Options dialog box opens.
- Check the License server address, port, and communications password information. Change the information if it is incorrect. To look for the license server on your network, click Find License Servers.
The license server connection information in Helix ALM must match the information in the license server. Use the Helix ALM License Server Admin Utility to verify the information. Ask your system administrator for help.
Note: See the License Server Admin help for information about using the license server communications password.
- Click Test Connection to see if Helix ALM can connect to the license server.
- Click OK.
- Close the Helix ALM Server Admin Utility.
- Stop and restart the Helix ALM Server.
- Log in to Helix ALM.
If Helix ALM still cannot connect to the license aerver, you may have a local network or Internet problem. Ask your system administrator for help.